When you communicate do you type or speak?:
When did you join the server?
August 16(?), 2018
Have you taken any breaks since?:
How often do you use our discord and our forums?:
List of all previous server staff experience:
None here. Have run an Ark server on XBox One 2 years ago.
Staff that would recommend you?(They will be asked to verify):
I have not asked around.
State the role of staff on the server:
I think in general the staff is around to help guide new players, point players in the right direction for information, answer and address questions, concerns and feedback, and also to represent and enforce the rules and ideals of the community as well as help keep the servers running smoothly.
Have you read the server rules and are familiar with them?
Former Staff Questions (Leave these blank if you have not been staff on our server before):
1) For how long were you a staff member with ChaosGaming team?
2) What rank did you reach before leaving the staff team?
3) Were you demoted or did you resign? Why?
4) In hindsight, what would you have done differently as a staff member?
5) How have you improved since you left the staff team?
Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team & your strongest points as a person/potential staff member (200+ words):
I’ve talked to Deucalion about my thoughts on a role I’d be most interested in and that’s part of why I am applying. I think it would be great to have one, or more in time, dedicated admin per server. With that, one gets to know the server well, the players, any quirks, common struggles, etc as you play the progression as well. Along with that, helping in discord and on this new website.
I enjoy helping people out, be it directly or by pointing them in the right direction for the help or information they seek. I then enjoy them succeeding on their own with that help.
I have experience running a server, both the problems and the success of seeing others enjoying it. I have some experience in running discord channels with roles and, from way back, running web pages. I have also web hosted a minecraft and farming simulator server for friends and family. I’m a bit of a technology nerd. Have built and currently run my own computer build. I’m fairly organized, know to keep notes on some things to bring up or address later.
As a person, I can be odd 😛 I generally prefer to talk and handle things with a bit of humor and sarcasm. I can also be quite serious and stern. I try to choose appropriately with a preference to the prior. I can put up with some bs, and also have no problem laying it down when being nice is fruitless. Sometimes to a fault, I can understand multiple points of view, even if I personally disagree with all points.
After 46 years, kids, a number of professions, and some moving around, not only do I have a lot of experience in varying facets of life, I’ve learned to skip past what someone looks or sounds like, where they’re from, their knowledge of things or how old they are… theres good people and bad people. Most people want to be good, even on the internet haha. I think that’s all important when it comes to helping to manage a gaming community. Most anyone can learn how to ban a person, but it takes some experience to know when they’re just not going to work out or they are genuinely trying to be a good person and made a mistake.
My knowledge with Ark in it’s current state and on PC is not vast. I will never profess to be a know it all and I own my mistakes. I do my best and try to look up what I do not know. I will never be the in-game wiki, nor would I want to be. A lot of us answer a lot of questions in game, that’s the community I’ve seen so far, and also encourage people to take time to learn on their own. Along with that, I’d like to help expand what we offer in links and our own information on our sites. I’m also a decent proofreader and given some time, can have a decent way with words. With that, I assume I’ve made a couple mistakes here and I hope you all have a laugh at it 🙂
(I didn’t count but I think I’m good on the 200+ words)
Do you understand that you can be demoted at any time with a sufficient reason by Chaos Gaming admin staff?:
– You must be 14 years in age or older.
– You must be able to speak and type English fluently and correctly.
– You must have at least four (4) days of game time.
– You must have 10 or fewer warns.
– You must not be banned when you apply.
– You must be able to speak or type quickly and correctly.
– You must not advertise your application in any way.
– You must not copy anything from other applications.
– You may not edit your application without permission from Chaos Gaming admin staff.
– You may not copy-paste parts from a previous application that you have filed unless given permission.
– Only reply to your application if you need to specify something. Unnecessarily spamming/bumping your application will get it denied. Do not engage in grovelling under your application (posting thank you for reading my application every time someone posts etc.)
Exceptions can be made with the permission of Chaos Gaming admin staff